Eco™

This product is C2C CertifiedCM since

2009

Cosentino developed a new product that embraces sustainability, design and quality and has introduced a new category of recycled surfaces. These are an ecological alternative to similar surfaces available for construction and decoration. (for instance: all kinds of worktops, wall covering and floor tiles). Cosentino has created new technologies in order to reduce the environmental impact during the factory process. The production of ECO means the reuse of an equivalent of:

  • 65 million glass bottles per year
  • Over 2 million 1-m2 bathroom mirrors
  • More than 50,000 square meters of ceramic tile
  • A year of ECO by Cosentino production means the reuse of a tower with a base of 1 m2 and a height of 530 meters full of glazed ashes.

Product information on C2C product Innovation institute

ECO™ by Cosentino is a line of countertop and surfacing materials composed of recycled materials bound with a resin that is partially derived from corn oil.

Defined materials, ingredients and additives

ECO by Cosentino is a product manufactured from 75% of recycled materials such as mirror, glass, porcelain, earthenware, and vitrified ash comming from a post-industrial and post-consumer origin. The remaining 25% consists of natural quartz and a resin based on 22% of corn oil.

Expected usetime

More than 20 years

Defined pathway

ECO by Cosentino is designed for technological metabolism. The surfaces are 100% recycable. New slabs can be produced out of former ECO by Cosentino slabs.

This product is synchronized with the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute.

Explore related items

Based on keywords