C2C BIZZ is the collaboration of 11 European partners in the North Western area with the objective to enhance the implementation of Cradle to Cradle on new and existing business sites. The project is funded by the European Interreg IVB programme.
The project partners will address three topics, under the main C2C principles: realizing continuous loops, finding renewable energy solutions and creating diversity. During the project's four years the different innovative aspects of transition towards C2C will be studied, developed and tested on pilot sites in different countries. For example material loops will be closed on the Sustainable Industries Park in London, by setting up a material database and enhancing the exchange of materials between companies. At the Ecoparc Windhof in Luxembourg sustainable energy will be generated for the whole business site. In Lille the brownfield La Lainière will be revitalised with extra attention on different forms of diversity. Of course companies on the business sites will be involved to actively contribute to the project and become aware of C2C. Together, the pilots comprise one complete transnational C2C business site and a new form of park management.
Each application of C2C in the different countries will produce new knowledge and experience. All of this new information will be gathered in one place. The C2C Expolab in Venlo will be the central knowledge centre of the project, with virtual local centres in each region, directly connected to the centre.
Tools, instruments and guidelines will be developed to facilitate the application of C2C on business sites. The final result of the project will be a roadmap that leads the way to a 100% C2C business site. C2C best practice and lessons learned within the project will be disseminated by developing networks of stakeholders to ensure transferability and dissemination of project results.
Partners and projects of C2C BIZZ are:
- Samenwerkingsverband Regio Eindhoven (SRE) from the Netherlands, With strijp T.
- Lille Métropole from France, with project La Lainière.
- Ministère du Développement durable et des Infrastructures (MDDI) from Luxembourg.
- The Institute for Sustainability from the UK, with project London Sustainable Industries Park (LSIP).
- Société de Développement pour la Région de Bruxelles Capitale (SDRB) from Belgium with several business sites as their project.
- Centre de Recherche Public Henri Tudor from Luxembourg.
- Ecoparc Windhof GIE from Luxembourg, with project Ecoparc Windhof.
- University of Wolverhampton from the UK.
- Stadt Bielefeld from Germany, with project Strawberry Field.
- Municipality of Venlo from the Netherlands, with project C2C Centre.
- Stad of Antwerp, with project Blue Gate Antwerp
Several tools are developed for the C2C BIZZ project. Click here to go to the tool part.
All information is also gathered in the guide. Click here to read the guide.